Before importing the pcap, there are a few settings that should be preconfigured.
- Go to Administration | Appliances or Spirent TestCenter - Add the Appliance or Spirent TestCenter chassis and reserve the ports.
- Go to File | New - create a new project and create an Advanced Device Test.
- Reserve the ports for the Avalanche server - In order to create and associate the Server Profiles automatically, at least one port is needed for the server.
Step 1: Importing Pcap
- Go to Tools | Import Pcap File to start the Wizard.
- Then click Browse to select a pcap file to import.
Step 2: Select The Test
- Select your Project.
- Select the Test within your Project.
- Click Browse to create/select a SAPEE Resource Directory.
- Once you have created a new SAPEE directory, click OK and then click Next.
Step 3: Import Filters
- Use to filter out to filter any packets on your pcap if needed, otherwise click Next.
Step 4: Options
Check all three boxes are recommended.
- Automatically Build Playlist
- Append to Actions List
- Automatically Build Servers, Subnets and Associations
Lastly configure the Avalanche Client Subnets, Client Port, and Client Associations.
- Client | Subnets - configure the IP address, Netmask, Gateway if needed.
- Client | Ports - add the port(s) for the clients.
- Client | Associations - select the correct profiles for your SAPEE test e.g. select the SAPEE actions that was created.
Done. The test is ready to Run.
Note SAPEE Restrictions: