What is SSD and A-Key ?
SSD includes two parts:
a) SSD_A, which is used to support authentication procedure.
b) and SSD_B, which is used to support voice privacy and message encryption.
A-Key is used to calculate SSD values.
How to test using AirAccess C2K?
1. Make UE registered with network.
2. Double click CN, input UE A-Key value into A-Key field. This ensures A-Key matches between UE and network.
3. Right click on CN, choose SSD update. You should get a green result.
Note: If failed, the most possible reason is A-Key input in step #2 doesn't match UE A-Key.
4. Double click on BSC, in Security Tab, enable all the options as below:
5. Now make a 1x voice call. You should see following extra green result indicating authentication and voice privacy succeed:
If Authentication result shows RED failure, it indicates SSD_A mismatches between UE and network.
If Long Code result shows RED failure, it indicates SSD_B mismatches between UE and network.