The feature is based on a draft rfc: draft-ietf-mmusic-media-loopback-10. It allows Service Provider to test the media path of their user. Followings are characteristics of this feature:-
* The objects of test include: Voip, Text and Video
* Use of Loopback at the user side to reflect back the send data
* By Measuring the data reflected back, the quality of the media path can be assessed.
Abacus’s Implementation are summarized as below:-
* SIP Only. Other protocols are not supported.
* Only voice is supported. No video. No text.
* Abacus supports both source – originating and source - terminating
* Abacus has limited support on Mirror
* Only Packet-only is supported (Abacus still responds to the request to loopback media, but that is fake.)
Configuration in Abacus to support the feature:-
* In Channel --> PC ---> Advanced --> QOM
* In RTP --> New tag of media