7.5. Reserved MT ID Values
Certain MT topologies are assigned to serve predetermined purposes:
- MT ID #0: Equivalent to the "standard" topology.
- MT ID #1: Reserved for IPv4 in-band management purposes.
- MT ID #2: Reserved for IPv6 routing topology.
- MT ID #3: Reserved for IPv4 multicast routing topology.
- MT ID #4: Reserved for IPv6 multicast routing topology.
- MT ID #5: Reserved for IPv6 in-band management purposes.
- MT ID #6-#3995: Reserved for IETF consensus.
- MT ID #3996-#4095: Reserved for development, experimental and proprietary features [RFC3692].
On Spirent TestCenter, we can config this value to "0", "2", "0,2" or empty. regarding to RFC5120 different value means:
0 IPv4 routing topology
2 IPv6 routing topology
If this field is empty then the multi topology field will be included in the ISIS PDU.