Customer Service Center
Spirent KB Article
Doc ID: FAQ14992
Email Article Link
Spirent TestCenter: What are the possible reasons why the Spirent TestCenter Chassis is noisy?
Try running the latest versions if possible, we have seen cases where upgrading the chassis is the solution:
There are some fixes to the fan speed in version 4.39. Upgrading the chassis to this version should reduce the noise level.
Additional fan speed improvements for the N11U were placed in v4.43
Whereas before it only relied on inlet temp, it now factors in the number of cards present.
If more than 6 modules it will run as it does today.
If using 3-6 modules it will run quieter for the same ambient temp
If using 1-2 modules it will run quieter for the same ambient temp
When an FX2-Q5 or MX/FX-P2 card is present it will run at the highest speed (noise) for any given module group above.
Make sure the environment's technical specifications requirements are met:
section at the specific Installation instructions datasheet below:
- SPT-N11U and SPT-N12U Chassis Installation Instructions
- PX3-QSFP-DD-8 and DX3-QSFP-DD-8 Installation Instructions
Maybe not all Spirent TestCenter chassis/appliance Installation Instructions data sheets are listed above.
Check Temperature sensors readings (Under Tools - Equipment information - Diagnostics tab - Temperature section), in case it reports 0 for all of them, try the following:
1. Do a graceful shutdown -
- Spirent TestCenter: How to gracefully shutdown Spirent TestCenter chassis?
2. Try reseating the controller:
- Spirent TestCenter: How to reseat a chassis controller?
3. In case you have another working chassis, try swapping controllers.
Product : Spirent TestCenter,Chassis