Customer Service Center
Spirent KB Article
Doc ID: FAQ10131
Email Article Link
How do I know if my SR3452 supports Band Class 10 (BC10)?
In order for an SR342 to support Band Class 10 (Secondary 800 MHz), it is necessary that it was perperly calibrated for BC10. This can only be done at the factory. Prior to March 2011, this was not an automatic process as the need for BC10 testing was minimal. However, going forward all SR3452 returned for calibration will include BC10 support calibrated into the instrument. In order to verify if a particular SR3452 supports BC10, perform the following procedures:
1. Make sure AirAccess version 4.10 or newer is installed on the controller PC.
2. Open the AirAccess GUI.
3. Set Test Configuration to "Dual IS-2000 BSCs with 3 BTS"
4. Click on the "Connect" button. Wait until AirAccess have successfully connected to the instruments.
5. Right click on the top BSC, and select "Configure 1x BSC.."
6. For CDMA Band Class, select "Secondary 800 MHz"
7. In the AirAccess GUI, Check the Test Results window. Verify that the following error message do not show up.
SR3452 is not calibrated to support new band class
Error setting BSC parameter
8. If the error messages do show, then that means the primary (bottom) SR3452 does not support BC10 and it needs to be returned to the factory if BC10 support is needed.
9. Right click on the bottom BSC, and select "Configure 1x BSC.."
10. Repeat steps 6. and 7. above.
11. Again, if the above error messages do show, then that means the secondary (top) SR3452 does not support BC10 and it needs to be returned to the factory if BC10 support is needed.
Product : TD II SPIRENT Data,Testdrive EVDO,TASKIT C2k,TASKIT PLTS