Customer Service Center
Spirent KB Article
Doc ID: FAQ11912
Email Article Link
Spirent TestCenter: How to configure Dynamic Result View (DRV) to monitor Dead Streams/flows?
DRV - Dynamic Results View
To monitor the dead streams/flows the following need to be configured
1. The “Analyzer Preload” on all streamblocks should be enabled.
DRV filter condition should be set with StreamBlock.RxSigFrameRate = 0 (preferable
Why Analyzer Preload need to be enabled to monitor the dead flows?
Which pre-load the streamblock configuration information including expected Rx ports, Destination IP, Vlan etc. information to the port Analyzer.
If the expected streams do not reach the port(s), then analyzer able to apply the condition(s) set in the Dynamic Result View.
How to set the DRV and conditions!
1. Result Browser -> Change Result View
2. Select “Create Dynamic/Query View”
3. Name the DRV
4. Select the object (based on the requirement Default Port)
5. Counter(s) can be selected from the Counter Tab including
a. Drop Frame count (based on Sequencer number)
b. Frame Loss (based on TX-RX counters)
c. Frame Loss Duration
Calculation is get the total bits of the lossed frames then divide by stream rate.
Ex. 128 byte frame = 148 * 8 = 1184 bits, if frame lost is 10, total bits lost is 11840 bits. If stream rate is 1,000,000bps, 11840/1000000 = 0.01184s = 11.84ms
d. 16 bit Analyzer Filter #4 (Expected Vlan ID)
e. Headers such as port name, Expected Rx Port Name, Stream ID etc
6. Configuration Fields can be added to the result columns including
a. Source IP address
b. Destination IP address
c. Vlan ID
7. Select and Insert Counters/config fields based on your requirement
8. Make sure you have added RxSigRate(fps) and/or Rx Sig Counts (Frames) since one of the field needed to set the condition to monitor the Dead Flows
9. Once Added the Fields click next to Add the Filter Condition for Dead Flows
a. Click Add Filter
b. Set the condition as follows StreamBlock.RxSigFrameRate = 0
c. Any other filter conditions can be added with the above filter based on your requirement
10. Click next and Finish to complete the DRV
11. Refresh and check the results
Product : L2-3,Spirent TestCenter
Spirent TestCenter: How does Spirent TestCenter determine Dropped or Lost, In Order, Duplicate, Reordered, and Late Frames or Packets in Results Browser?